Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Science Collage assignment

We have just started a new Science unit on Taste and Smell. We have talked about our 5 senses: taste, smell, sight, hearing and touch. Today I handed out an outline that explains the assignment in detail. On the back, you will see a rubric so the students know what the expectations are.

In class today, I showed a sample collage that I made (see below) to give students an idea of what they need to create. Please encourage your child to be creative and imaginative- I challenge students to find pictures that I didn't glue on but still match the right sense!

Reminder: this is a student project not a parent project! You may assist your child in finding magazines/newsprint for them but please let your child be the artist and independent thinker! :) Have fun! Please email me if you have any questions: mli@cais.edu.hk


First page-title: Ms.Li's five senses